Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Does big business dictate policy?

I have been following our world politics now for quite some time. I have come to a few conclusions. Why do we, as Americans, have the right to go into foreign nations and dictate policy?

The only reason I can think of, that makes sense, is big business. The oil companies have to be protected, so we can drive our precious cars. This is a joke, we don't need it. When I was in school, it was reported that we in this country alone had enough oil to last us 300 years. What happened to all that oil? Makes me wonder who's telling the truth. Also the second thing is nuclear weapons. We seem to be telling them, the foreign powers, who can have nuclear power. If every nation in the world had nuclear power, all would be equal wouldn't it? Then all nations would be afraid to use this power against their neighbors. Because retaliation would be devastating to all. I guess what I am trying to say is that as Americans we need to quit being sheep, and waiting for someone else to do something and do something ourselves. We too can stir the stew pot and see what floats to the top.
This is just one man's opinion, comments are welcome.

Robert Deutsch
Mount Vernon

Letters to the Editor - Skagit Valley Herald

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home