Tuesday, March 08, 2005

County lacks nightlife options

I am a 20-year-old from Sedro-Woolley. I am writing this letter for all the people around my age (including teenagers), and maybe even any age in a sense. Lately I have noticed there is nothing to do for fun in Skagit County. I think we need to have more things to do, or attend, and there would be less problems with people getting in trouble (doing drugs, drinking, or even robberies).

Maybe some kind of club or recreational facility for younger adults would be cool. I'm not saying we should spend a bunch of money — use the resources we already have. In Sedro-Woolley, where I live, we literally have nothing to do around 8 o'clock and later. If we had something to do around here, it would save us the time of having to figure out a fun place to go or a place far away to drive to and waste gas.

No wonder people think there is an overweight epidemic going around. We just sit on our couches every night watching movies and probably eating. I don't mean to complain, but we need something to do and fast!

Norah Robbins, Sedro-Woolley

Letters to the Editor - Skagit Valley Herald

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home