Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Bowling alley could be teen center

I read with much interest the letter of March 8 from the 20-year-old lamenting the need for activities for teens — young adults to do in Sedro-Woolley. I wrote a letter to the editor last year addressing this very issue.

That was the first thing I noticed in Sedro-Woolley upon moving here almost two years ago. My idea was to turn the old bowling alley into a teen-young adult center.

Can't a group, a business, or civic-minded individuals step up to the plate and do something to foster this project? What a wonderful project to boost community spirit and pride not to mention the positive results for the teens.

Maybe people could donate time and talent along the way. Believe me if I was lucky enough to win the lottery, I'd be first in line to make this happen.

Carolyn Lauber
Sedro-Woolley

Letters to the Editor - Skagit Valley Herald

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm posting a comment here for the blogmaster in the hopes he'll reply to the below message.

I am the Josef of Josef's Public Journal and would like to either:

a) Contribute to this blog on Skagit County issues...

or

b) Help you start a group blog about Skagit County.

Completely up to you. My e-mail.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home